Beverages, Fermentation and Health
|Auteur(s)||Colloque Lallemand N°11 - San Francisco - 2003|
|Autres versions disponibles||Aucune|
Maintaining and improving human health is essential in our highly demanding society. Nowadays, the quality of food products is centerfold in that debate but what is the real health impact of fermented beverages? Is everything that we hear true?
During their annual scientific meeting, Lallemand wanted to take time and reflect on this subject that concerns all the players of the wine world. We studied the subject from many different angles:
- A variety of researches done on SO2 and biogenetic amines production by microorganisms, vitamin content of wine, the use of enzymes, were reviewed.
- Scientists, law makers, large food chain distributors (such as Marks & Spencer) came to meet us and give us the latest on laws regarding claims, biological conservation, probiotic beverages and so on.
Lallemand wishes to thank the different speakers and guests. Their comments and their vision allowed us to reflect on future research projects to understand the health benefits of fermented beverages.
Cheers! from the Lallemand Fermented Beverage team
- 1. Perceived and real health concerns in the United States wine industry and how they relate to politics and domestic and international trade.
Richard M. Gahagan - Regulatory Consultant - Beverage Alcohol, Fresno, California, USA.
- 2. Wine and health - A UK retailer perspective
Sam Harrop - Mark & Spencer, UK
- 3. Role of yeasts in ethyl carbamate formation in wines and solutions: strain selection, enzymatic and novel types of removal
Linda F. Bisson - University of California, Davis, USA
- 4. Enological yeast effect on the SO2 content and management in wines
Dominique Delteil - Institut Coopératif du Vin - Lattes - France.
- 5. Biopreservation and increasing the wholesomeness of wine
Maret du Toit - Melané Vivier - Pierre van Rensburg - Wine Institute of Stellenboch - South Africa.
- 6. Origin and control of biogenic amines in wines - Role on intolerance to wines
Vincent Gerbaux - ITV Beaune - France ; Gisele Kanny - Medecine Interne, Immunologie Clinique et Allergologie - Hopital Central - Nancy - France.
- 7. Development of a fermented beverage with probiotics
Fritz Briem - Doemens - Germany.
- 8. Use of enzymes in winemaking: possible impact on health related effects
David Guerrand - Lallemand SA - Blagnac - France.